Journey into Your Self as a Therapist: Self-Exploration, Discovery and Transformation
George Faller, MFT, Certified EFT Trainer
Self of the Therapist issues have traditionally been addressed as impediments to the therapeutic process. Therapists’ personal triggers certainly pose difficult challenges to attuning with clients and complicate the EFT therapeutic process. This presentation will focus on strategies for identifying and working through therapeutic blocks and also expanding the Self of the Therapist definition to include a mindfulness that the Self of the Therapist is also the greatest asset a therapist brings into the therapeutic setting. Practicing using this amazing tool will transform our clinical work.
1) Participants will be able to describe common self of the therapist triggers and action tendencies;
2) Participants will be able to explain how expanding the self of the therapist definition to include the self at best helps improve clinical attunement;
3) Participants will be able to use self at best responding through role plays with other participants.
4) Participants will be able to identify interactional patterns between themselves and their clients, explore and understand their position in pattern, identify sources of own position, and develop self-attunement to help create new interactional patterns with their clients.
5) Participants will have the opportunity through hands-on exercises to experience and explore their reactions and responses to common challenges therapists encounter in working with clients.
6) Participants will have a better understanding and practice to use transparency and vulnerability of the therapist in the room with their clients, bringing their "best self" into the therapeutic process. The opportunity to practice this part of the self will be provided in small group setting.
George Faller, MFT is well known to the EFT community as a certified EFT therapist, supervisor, and trainer. A fireman in his prior life, George is a dynamic and sought after speaker who has presented nationwide on a variety of EFT topics. NCCEFT is delighted to have him join us to focus on how to use the Self of the Therapist to enhance the therapeutic process and transform our work.
12:00 PM - Check In Begins
12:30 PM - Training begins
5:30 PM - Training ends
9:00 AM - Training resumes
12:00 PM - Lunch Break
1:00 PM - Training resumes
5:00 PM - Training ends
10-minute breaks will be provided each day in addition to the lunch break on Saturday.
This training is appropriate for licensed and pre-licensed clinicians.
Training level is intermediate.
This training is $395 for licensed professionals and $295 for pre-licensed professionals. Continuing Education (CE) credit is available for an additional $25. Payment may be made online, or by cash or check made out to NCCEFT. Cancellations are subject to a $50.00 processing fee and must be received 14 days prior to the event to be eligible for a refund. For cancellations, please contact email@example.com.
Twelve hours of CE credit are available to licensed Psychologists, MFTs and LCSWs for attending this program.
NCCEFT is approved by the California Psychological Association to provide continuing professional education for psychologists. NCCEFT maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This course meets the qualifications for 12 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Those who attend this workshop in full and complete the appropriate evaluation will receive CE credits. Please note that credit will only be granted to those who attend the entire workshop. Those arriving more than 15 minutes after the start time or leaving before the workshop is completed will not receive CE credit.